Sunday, September 20, 2009

Toronto 2009: The List


Here's my list of best to worst from Toronto, 2009. The first 25 were all excellent films I would either watch again, buy, or force friends and loved ones to watch. And I only really disliked the last 3 or so.


1. My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done - US

2. I Killed My Mother - Canada

3. Enter the Void - France

4. Dogtooth - Greece

5. AntiChrist - Denmark

6. A Single Man - US

7. The Disappearance of Alice Creed - UK

8. Chloe - Canada

9. Rec 2 - Spain

10. Le Refuge - France

11. Deliver Us From Evil - Denmark

12. Mother - South Korea

13. White Material - France

14. Trash Humpers - US

15. The Loved Ones - Australia

16. Eyes Wide Open - Israel

17. Spring Fever - China

18. The Ape - Sweden

19. The Hole - US

20. Vengeance - Hong Kong

21. I Am Love - Italy

22. Life During Wartime - US

23. To Die Like A Man - Portugal

24. A Prophet - France

25. Applause - Denmark

26. Les Derniers Jours Du Monde - France

27. Micmacs - France

28. Glorious 39 - UK

29. Broken Embraces - Spain

30. Accident - Hong Kong

31. The Vintner’s Luck - New Zealand

32. Ondine - Ireland

33. Daybreakers - Australia


Best Performances: Actress (Lead and Supporting)


Anne Dorval – I Killed My Mother

Charlotte Gainsbourg – AntiChrist

Paz de la Huerta – Enter the Void

Grace Zabriskie – My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done

Kim Hye-ja – Mother

Paprika Steen – Applause

Tilda Swinton – I Am Love

Julianne Moore – Chloe

Julianne Moore – A Single Man

Robin McLeavy – The Loved Ones

Isabelle Huppert – White Material

Isabelle Carre – Le Refuge

Aggeliki Papoulia – Dogtooth


Best Performances: Actor (Lead and Supporting)


Udo Kier – My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done

Tahar Rahim – A Prophet

Olle Sarri – The Ape

Martin Compston – The Disappearance of Alice Creed

Eddie Marsan – The Disappearance of Alice Creed

Colin Firth – A Single Man

Xavier Dolan – I Killed My Mother

Fernando Santos – To Die Like a Man



No comments:

Post a Comment