Friday, January 23, 2009

Saturday, January 24th -- WORLD PREMIERE "Prayers For Bobby"


Now I know everyone is aware of my thoughts on Sigourney Weaver, so I had to honor her and have a get together for the World Premiere of her first made-for-cable feature, Prayers For Bobby. Directed by Russell Mulcahy, who also helmed a few episodes of "Queer as Folk," Bobby relates the true story of Mary Griffiths and the suicide of her son Bobby because she couldn't accept his homosexuality. After his death, Griffiths became a gay rights advocate. The film, which is getting decent reviews and rave reviews for Sigourney Weaver, looks to be an important event not to miss, especially if you know me. The film also stars Ryan Kelley as Bobby and Henry Czerny (The Ice Storm - 1997) as Papa Griffiths. If I didn't inform you personally and you know me, get a hold of me for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment